Monday 11 April 2011

Text2MindMap

Please view my PMI on Blogs for Learning using a Text2MindMap under March entries in my Blog.

Plus
It was a very easy tool to use straight away.  I have looked at Bubble.us, but found it to be more frustrating this tool.  I believe students need to see results easily and quickly and this tool is user-friendly and moves the mapping around in a fun way which makes it interactive fun.  Learning would be great for students as they would have to type the information in the order of main category, sub-category and so on.  This makes them break down the information so the small details can be seen which create the big picture.

When I posted this map to Wiki it was no problem and the way the home page was set up it did not run over any other text.  

Minus
Since it is such a simple tool it is limited in its technical capabilities, but for basic mindmapping it's great.  Also, to load it into the blog I had to move it into Picnik to reduce the size to try to make it fit into the Blog and as you can see I still struggled with size.


Interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment