Monday 11 April 2011

Prezi

I didn't create a Prezi as I found the software not easy to use.  I wanted to use their option of taking a Powerpoint presentation and loading it into Prezi.  I downloaded software for 30 day trial and waited 30 minutes through this process.  I then went to download my Powerpoint which I know exists in my Picture File, but it wasn't there from Prezi point of view.  This was disappointing since it should be easy for a teacher to re-work a Powerpoint into another presentation tool.

I then went to create a Prezi and found the software frustrating even though I had watched the tutorials online.  I know I would be able to work with it, but time is of the essence and for a teacher or student frustration is not the best learning method.

I have a 30 day trial and hopefully I will be able to have another go at it.

When I trialled Glogster it was sooooo easy - Prezi needs to be more user friendly.

PMI on Prezi

Great looking and interesting. Prezi is like an active mind mapping tool and because of this it is powerful.  Since it can make main points larger and move towards you and minor points smaller and further away, it visually backs up the idea you are putting out there.

Minus
This tool needs to be more user friendly and unfortunately trial runs out after 30days which means to me you have to pay for it.

Interesting

The potential for teachers to reuse Powerpoint slides and convert to a Prezi presentation is a great option.

No comments:

Post a Comment